Cody appeared on The Jim Ross Report this week, and one of the many interesting things he talked about is what the AEW product will look like.

From himself, to The Young Bucks, to President Tony Kahn, there are a number of different forces that will ultimately shape the AEW product.

First and foremost, Cody says, expect the company to present an athletic exhibition.

“I tend to skew towards the sporting aspect of the industry,” Cody says. “I don’t like to say old school wrestling, I love traditional wrestling.”

“Whether it’s Mid-Atlantic, or Mid South, or Dusty’s stuff with Jim Crockett Promotions, it’s not just old wrestling to me,“I think there’s magic in there. The things that people are doing, the competitors are doing, promo men are doing, that’s keeping the suspension of disbelief alive.”

“It’s easy for someone of my generation to go ‘that’s just old wrestling’. There’s so much you can learn from it. It’s unreal,” Cody says.

“Tony Kahn comes from the world of sports,” Cody says. “He wants to put out a sports broadcast.”

“I think pro wrestling is entertaining enough. I don’t think the soap opera element of it has to be turned up to eleven in any way.”

Cody also believes that Kahn’s sports analytics background will be invaluable to AEW.

“Tony’s an analytics savant. He’s a genius when it comes to stuff like that,” says Cody. “I love hearing about the idea of wins and losses, and time limits, things that sound like the wrestling that I grew up on.”

That is not to say that All Elite Wrestling will feature a totally old school mentality.

“On the flip side of that, I’m really excited about what Matt and Nick [Jackson] bring to the table,” says Cody.
“They bring a different side. They bring a very non-traditional wrestling.”

Ultimately, AEW wants to provide something for every kind of wrestling fan.

“It’s the buffet,” Cody says. “That’s what I want to create again. That was something Eric Bischoff told me before All In… He said make it a buffet.”