Dean Ambrose appeared on Zach Ryder & Curt Hawkins podcast recently and spoke about the difference between wrestlers who care about what they do and those who do it for the money.

“There’s a lot of people that are here for the money,” Ambrose said on the show. “They didn’t grow up watching it, don’t care what they do. They have no artistic care for what we do. You guys are like me, this is all we’ve ever loved.”

It was revealed late last month that Ambrose will not be renewing his WWE contract after WrestleMania.

Ambrose also spoke about how he had trouble holding down a job previously because everything in his life took a backseat to wrestling.

“I had every job under the sun,” he continued. “Six months is maybe the longest I could sustain a job anywhere because everything took a backseat to wrestling. So you work somewhere for a week, train, learn the system—a waiter somewhere, work in a factory—but then eventually, I got a show, can’t show up to work, you get fired.”

Ambrose also told a story about dealing with collectors looking for signed merchandise at airports. When he spoke about dealing with regular fans in public, however, Ambrose spoke positively.

“You’ve got to take the time for them. It’s pure,” Ambrose said. “You have to step back and think ‘I’m living the dream right now.’ But those other people do ruin it for everybody.”