Multiple wrestlers from Lucha Underground have filed a class action lawsuit against the El Rey Network and Baba-G Productions. According to a report from Lucha Central, Joey Ryan, Ivelisse, and Thunder Rosa are the complainants in the lawsuit.

Pro Wrestling Sheet broke the story earlier today that Fantasma has also filed suit against El Rey. In the case of Fantasma, however, he is not seeking his release.

Andre Verdun, the lawyer for the complainants and former luchador himself, spoke to Lucha Central about the suits. He mentioned that he has been assisting wrestlers from Lucha Underground to get releases from their contracts.

“Until now, everyone that I assisted has been released without the need for litigation,” Verdun said. “Lucha Underground appears to be pushing back in midst of what appears to be a mass exodus by their top stars if they can get their release.”

Verdun would continue to say that in the case of Fantasma, he is not seeking a release but rather compensation.

“(Fantasma’s) lawsuit is not a tactic to get his release,” Verdun continued. “It is just a lawsuit saying essentially, ‘Had you not used this legal contract to prevent me from taking these other opportunities, I would have made money, and therefore you should compensate me’.”

Verdun then clarified more details about the lawsuit involving Joey Ryan, Ivelisse, and Kobra Moon. He also clarified further it had initially been incorrectly reported that Fantasma’s lawsuit was to seek a release from the company.

“My office filed as a class action to invalidate certain portions of their contracts that we believe are illegal,” Verdun said. “There are several wrestlers that have signed onto that lawsuit, others that have reached out requesting to join. So that lawsuit actually seeks to do what it I saw reported that Fantasma’s lawsuit is attempting to accomplish. I am sure it was reported that way because so many people have been searching for help in getting released.”