Silas Young has been a full time member of the Ring of Honor roster since 2012. Young recently appeared on The Roman Show and discussed his current role with ROH and why he’s turned down opportunities to head to WWE.

“This isn’t the type of business that you can work like a regular job that you can work for 30 years in the same place, God-willing, that he would allow my body to survive that long,” Young stated. “I’d love to wrestle as long as my body allows me to, but at the end of the day it is a business. Money is important, but money is not everything in life. Being comfortable enjoying what you do and having creative freedom allowing to see my family regularly and happiness is a big key to life.” Young continued, saying “you can make all the money in the world, but if you are not happy what good is that money?”

Young also made comments regarding WWE’s creative restrictions, saying “you see guys that work for WWE regularly asking for a release because they are not allowed that creative freedom. For me, a huge part of Ring of Honor is having the creative freedom after all this wrestling is an art and we are artists.”