Along with his fellow AEW Executive Vice Presidents, Cody has had an extremely busy and productive few months. In between wrestling and announcing All Elite Wrestling to the world, Cody has probably had his focus and attention pulled in a million different directions.

There is one thing, however, that Cody can’t avoid, no matter how much he might want to: surgery. He would poke fun at himself for wanting to do “anything to get out of surgery.”

Cody’s day in gif form: 1/2

My circle of friends fully aware I’ll do anything to get out of surgery tomorrow and they’re not having any of my bullshit

— Cody Rhodes (@CodyRhodes) February 10, 2019

Cody admitted that surgery is a necessary evil in order to avoid wrestling another “stinker.” This is in direct reference to his Wrestle Kingdom 13 loss against Juice Robinson.

Cody made this confession whilst answering a fan’s question via a recent Twitter Q+A session.

“Surgery is a must, I can’t afford to have another stinker like the dome match.”

Cody has been scheduled for knee surgery every since suffering an injury late last year. At the time he highlighted that the “GOOD news is my doctor is fairly confident that my mcl/pcl/acl are structurally sound.

BAD news is the meniscus is fairly damaged, gonna’ require a scope. No dates will be adjusted at the moment, and I’ll definitely still compete in the final battle main event & at WK.”

All of us wish Cody the best during this time and hope he has a speedy recovery.