Bullet Club has been on a roll within New Japan Pro Wrestling. The stable has been picking up notable wins for months now since “Switchblade” Jay White became the leader of the infamous group. Their most recent notable victory, of course, also belongs to Jay White who defeated Tanahashi this past Monday to become the IWGP Heavyweight Champion.

Although many may have taken issue with Jay White assuming leadership of Bullet Club, one old school member did not. Tama Tonga.

Tama Tonga, who has once again embraced his “Bad Boy” nature, spoke with WINCLY, discussing White’s ascension to leadership and even briefly speaking on All Elite Wrestling (AEW). This isn’t the first time Tama has addressed White’s critics.

At one point Bullet Club had become synonymous with The Elite who have now famously severed all ties to their former stable. The current Club lineup has a major Elite-sized whole in it, but it’s not something Tama Tonga cares much about. He explains that nothing much has changed, describing it as “the same as before as they [The Elite] weren’t really here much.”

“They showed up pretty much not on an everyday basis unlike me, my brother and father. We’re on every tour, every month. They come in sporadically. Guys leave and we just fill the spot and move forward.”

He refers to himself and Bad Luck Fale as the “heart and soul” of Bullet Club, adding that they “bring in guys that The Club needs and unselfishly step aside to make this whole thing work.”

Addressing the critics of White’s leadership, Tama Tonga countered by highlighting Okada’s youth during his initial surge to the top.

“Those same people said Okada was way too young,” he argued. “You put somebody in a position and you get them ready for it. They grow to that responsibility. That’s how New Japan is.”

The “Bad Boy” praised Jay White for handling the pressure so well, calling him a “natural” and that he tends to treat it as “just another day at the job.”

Insofar as AEW is concerned, Tonga confessed we won’t be seeing him in another other promotion than NJPW for a long while:

“No, no. I’m locked here in New Japan for a very long time.”