As reported earlier, Lana and Rusev have been dropped from the cast of Total Divas due to them being “strongly disliked by the demographic.”

To fill in Lana’s spot, it was officially revealed that Sonya Deville will join the Total Divas show as a new cast member.

On the AfterBuzz TV’s SmackDown After Show, Sonya Deville called in and said that she will be on the Season 9 of Total Divas.

On the topic of the idea of having cameras outside of the ring and how she’s adapting to that, Deville said:

“Part of being a WWE Superstar to me is showing the fans what happened outside of the ring. Who I am in the ring, and in my personal life, is important to defining my character. I am tough for a reason. I have been through things and I am the person I am for a lot of reasons and I love sharing those stories for the fans because it’s relatable.”

“And on that topic, I’ll be on Season 9 of Total Divas, which is something I am super excited about.”

She also revealed that the filming of the show will be starting this week but a bit of the filming was already done during the Royal Rumble.

You can watch the episode below: