The Bruiserweight Pete Dunne has held the WWE United Kingdom Championship for 628+ days since winning it on NXT’s TakeOver Chicago event in May 2017.

He recently spoke with Emirati publication The National where he talked about whether he would like to stay in the United Kingdom or move to the main roster, among other things.

The face of NXT UK said that he doesn’t feel like his career is a race and he is not in a rush to move to the main roster and work in the United States and would like to take his time.

“I think there’s two sides to that. So there’s a side that this isn’t a race, like personally for my career this isn’t a race. I’m 25 years old so if I can build this and spend a few years doing this and then maybe go to NXT in the US and have more of a full-time schedule there and then eventually work my way to main roster, it’s definitely a slow burner, I think that’s a good thing.”

But on the other hand, if he was asked to choose between the main roster or stay in UK, Dunne says that he would pick the latter because of his passion about the British wrestling scene.

“But then the other side of it is sort of what I want do and if I had my choice right now I’d still be here. If I had the option to go to main roster, if I had the option to go more full time in Orlando I’d still be here because I’ve been passionate about British wrestling because I’ve been a part of this when it was literally non-existent. So to bring it to this point is just exciting to see how far we can keep pushing it.”