Kota Ibushi announced he is staying in NJPW to the live crowd at the New Beginning in Osaka on February 11th. He recently was interviewed for ShuPro and stated he only wants to work for New Japan and he’d like to be on every card if possible.

NJPW commentator, Chris Charlton, provided some translations of the article.

Ibushi interviewed in tomorrow’s ShuPro. ‘I want to wrestle exclusively for New Japan’ ‘if I can, I want to be on every card, every tour’

— chris charlton (@reasonjp) February 19, 2019

Kenny Omega Comments On Kota Ibushi And All Elite Wrestling

There had been some concern among NJPW fans and hope among AEW fans that Ibushi would sign with the new promotion. Kenny Omega expressed his hope Ibushi will at some point end up in AEW during an interview with Wrestling Observer Radio.

“Absolutely, by all means, we would love to use Kota,” Omega said. “I wish he was here all the time, he would be the perfect roommate, if he liked America. I’m probably going to relocate to America, as well. He actually has a wrestling school now, yeah, he’s got a wrestling school in Japan. We’re going to be supportive of that, he has a couple commitments of that as of now. But again, door is wide open.”

Omega would continue to say, however, that Ibushi likely won’t be at Double or Nothing. He is hopeful Ibushi will end up in the promotion at some point, however.

“Without even saying anything, I would expect to see him here in the future,” Omega said. “Not for Double or Nothing, or anything, but—I’ll say near future.”