Last night saw the main roster debuts for a number of NXT’s top Superstars including Tomasso Ciampa, Johnny Gargano, Ricochet, and Aleister Black.

Ciampa and Gargano — officially teaming up again for the first time since their initial split as DIY — would wrestle and defeat the current RAW tag team champions, The Revival. This was a non-title matchup.

NXT Superstars coming in and beating main roster champions may have surprised a number of the WWE Universe. It didn’t, however, surprise Ciampa.

Catching up with Cathy Kelley backstage, the two discussed their main roster debut, with Ciampa claiming that the fans will “remember us forever.”

“I don’t know, it’s a weird feeling,”
Gargano admitted. “I don’t know really how to feel [about debuting]. I don’t think any of it has set in yet. I’m one of those types of people that kind of takes things as they come. This has all been such a whirlwind — I don’t know, I’m numb right now. I don’t know if that’s a good thing or a bad thing, but I’m incredibly numb. Yeah, I don’t know…”

Ciampa then took the reigns and stated that “This is not a surprise. We’re the two best performers in all of WWE. We turned NXT into the A-Show. We walked into Monday Night RAW and we beat the tag team champions on our first night. This isn’t happenstance. I’m the greatest sports entertainer of all time. He’s Johnny Wrestling. Whether you call us DIY or not doesn’t matter. You will call us champions, you will call us legends, you will remember us forever.”