Its been a while since Francis Ngannou spoke to UFC President Dana White. One year to be exact. Speaking to ESPN, “The Predator” reveals he hasn’t talked to the UFC boss for quite a while (via BJPenn.com):

“I haven’t talked to Dana White since one year ago, maybe more,” Ngannou said. “I haven’t talked to him. We are not calling each other. That would change what?”

Ngannou comes off a massive victory over former UFC heavyweight king Cain Velasquez. The pair main evented UFC on ESPN 1 from the Talking Stick Resort Arena in Phoenix, Arizona. Ngannou is hoping to challenge for the heavyweight championship next, however, White says Daniel Cormier already has a title defense lined up. And it’s not against Ngannou. It will be interesting to see who the UFC matches Cormier against next.

It will also be interesting to see who Ngannou draws next. He comes off back-to-back victories over Curtis Blaydes and Velasquez. In regards to a rematch with Stipe Miocic, who was the first man to defeat Ngannou in the UFC, Ngannou admitted he’s down – as long as a title is on the line:

“I don’t know what is the heavyweight title position because [Daniel Cormier] is talking about retirement,” Ngannou said. “No new news about the title right now. I just want to fight for the title. I don’t know if it would be interim or a challenge against DC but however, I want to fight for the title.

“I don’t know. Once again, it’s up to the executives. We don’t have a hand in it. They decide everything but I think I deserve it. Sure [I would like to rematch Miocic]. But if I had the option, I would like to fight for the belt next.”