Matt and Nick Jackson, The Young Bucks, are set to change the world with All Elite Wrestling (AEW). Even lucrative offers from WWE couldn’t change their minds. WWE’s offer extended to an “Invasion angle,” and included the WWE Network hosting future episodes of ‘Being The Elite.’

For some, this opportunity would have been too good to turn down. Not for The Young Bucks. The reason behind their decision couldn’t have been simpler and lies in creative freedom.

Speaking with SportingNews.com, The Young Bucks would divulge the power of creative freedom that has been granted to them. They cited this autonomy as a key factor in their decision in getting involved with AEW.

Nick Jackson would state that “Right off the bat, I would say the freedom, the creative freedom. It was an outlet for us to express the way we feel pro wrestling should be done, the way we think it should be done in 2019 and the future. […] We were like ‘OK, we can should the world how we feel wrestling should be represented and this is how we feel like it should be.’”

He continued, “The other options were to stay where we were or go to WWE. For me, personally, I feel like this was the easy choice because we’re going to be with all of our friends and we’re having a good time. It feels like it pretty much what we have been doing for the last four or five years but on a bigger scale.”

His brother, Matt, would add that Tony Khan essentially gave them carte blanche control. He quoted Khan, saying, “‘Listen, hire who you want to hire and you’re in charge.’”

Matt then added, “Nobody else can compete with that. A dollar figure can’t compete with that. We’re artists and we’re creative.”