If The Young Bucks had decided to go to WWE, rather than sign with All Elite Wrestling (AEW), WWE had an interesting idea to introduce them to the company. Dave Meltzer reports on the latest edition of Wrestling Observer Radio that a full storyline was pitched to Nick and Matt Jackson before they ultimately decided to sign with AEW. The storyline was described as an “invasion angle” during WrestleMania 35 season.

Meltzer didn’t indicate that any other talent would be involved in the storyline. However, it’s hard not to assume the likes of Kenny Omega, Cody, and Adam Page weren’t involved. Of course, all of those men turned down WWE deals to sign with AEW. The Young Bucks reportedly turned down a three-year WWE deal that would’ve seen the brothers making AJ Styles money.

The deal also included a spot for “Being The Elite” on the WWE Network. If that wasn’t enough, WWE included a unique six-month window in which The Young Bucks could opt out of their deal if they were unhappy.

Speaking to CBS recently, The Young Bucks revealed WWE was very “aggressive” in their pursuit of their services:

“Yeah, we could say that their offer was very aggressive,” Nick Jackson said.

Matt Jackson admitted that, for a moment, he believed he and his brother were WWE-bound:

“I’ll tell you this. For a moment, I thought that we would probably be going to WWE. That was the closest that it’s ever come to us going there, for sure. And they were great. They were respectful, and they told us what our value was.

“I think it was really like a wake-up call for us. It was almost like, wow. It’s good to be wanted. These guys, they’re teaching us we are valuable and we’re worth this much. It was definitely something we were considering, and it was hard to turn down, because it would have been life-changing.”