Mustafa Ali will be featured on season 2 of the television series “The Secret Life of Muslims”. A launch party for the second season of the show was held last night at New York University.

The Secret Life of Muslims lists the following description on the show’s website:

“Featuring a diverse set of American Muslims from a wide range of ethnic and national origins speaking directly to their own respective experiences, the series illuminates the existing complexity and diversity of America’s 3.3 million Muslims, while pointing to a common shared humanity. The first season has been viewed more than 35 million times in our effort to contribute to a dialogue of tolerance and peace in contentious times.”

“My mission is to erase as many preconceived ideas, barriers and stereotypes as I can.”
Ali told Aljazeera in 2018.

Ali was scheduled to be in the Elimination Chamber last Sunday. He was forced to withdraw from the match due to a concussion, however.

“I remember one kid … he said to me it’s always cool to see someone you consider a role model doing something big and chasing their dreams, but it’s even cooler when that person looks like you,” Ali recalled.

“When he said that, I really realized it’s true. It’s a little easier to relate to someone when you feel ‘hey that’s me. That’s how I look and it’s someone with the same concerns I have growing up’.”