According to comments he recently made on Twitter, Matt Hardy has about a week and a half left on his WWE contract. He also stated he’s always been comfortable outside of WWE even though he loves the company.

Hardy posted some throwback pictures on Twitter from 2014:

#TBT 2014 As both the @MCWWrestling & #ExtremeRising Champion, whilst working dozens of territories.

I’ve always felt comfortable outside of the @WWE.

— Version #BROKEN Matt Hardy (@MATTHARDYBRAND) February 21, 2019

A fan responded that Hardy’s comments made it sound as though he was going to leave the company. To which Hardy responded with the following:

Not a threat at all, just a fact. I have 11 days left on my current deal. I love @WWE, but I’m 100% comfortable being outside the walls of pro wrestling’s "Alexandria" Safe-Zone. I’m a born SURVIVALIST.

My previous tweet will NEVAH face DELETION.

— Version #BROKEN Matt Hardy (@MATTHARDYBRAND) February 21, 2019

Hardy also has his own YouTube channel. Two days ago he posted the following video where he discusses the word “innovate”:

The Hardyz signed with WWE just before WrestleMania 33 where they would return and win the RAW tag-team championships. It’s likely then that given Hardy’s comments both he and his brother Jeff signed 2-year-deals with the company back in 2017 that are coming up for renewal soon. It’s possible Jeff and Matt signed separate deals but that seems unlikely.

With the Hardyz likely testing free agency in the coming weeks, it could lead to speculation they are entertaining the idea of signing with a non-WWE promotion, possibly AEW. The last match the Hardyz had before signing with WWE in 2017 was against the Young Bucks at ROH Supercard of Honor XI. The Hardyz returned to WWE at WrestleMania 33 the next night.