Jim Ross is approaching free agency. With that in mind, JR addressed his potential future in WWE on the latest edition of the Ross Report.

“WWE is constantly trying to get younger and more TV-friendly,” said Ross. “Of which I am neither.”

“Nobody will tell you that because of political correctness. It’s lawsuit-worthy,” he continued.

Ross’s answer was in response to a fan question regarding a full-time return to commentary. Ross made it clear he doesn’t expect that, but he harbors no bitterness.

“I just don’t see it happening, and I’m fine with that,” said Ross. “I think the ship has sailed for me. I’ve had 26 years there so far. I have nothing to bitch about. I made a lot of money. More money than I ever dreamed I’d make in the wrestling business. Much more.”

JR continued to talk about what WWE has given him over the years.

“I traveled the world,” continued Ross. “I got to be an administrator with some regard and some success. Working with The King and Paul Heyman at ringside for all those years is a dream come true.”

Good Ol’ JR has been open about the fact that his WWE contract expires at the end of March, and that his agreement with the company precluded him from re-signing with AXS TV.

Ross was unable to continue his work on the New Japan Pro Wrestling on AXS shows once his deal with AXS expired at the end of 2018.

So, what comes next for JR?

“We’ll find out soon,” JR says. “My contract is up at the end of March. We’ll see what happens after that.”

“Whatever it is, it’s going to be good.”