The WWE Universe welcomed back Kevin Owens last night as he returned to SmackDown Live. “The Prizefighter” was introduced by Vince McMahon, who referred to him as “more deserving” of facing Daniel Bryan at Fastlane. Mr. McMahon’s decision would lead to Kofi Kingston losing his opportunity at the WWE Champion — something The New Day took issue with.

Despite this turn of events, however, the two Superstars would end up teaming together by the end of the night. They would face off against “The New” Daniel Bryan and his partner, Erick Rowan.

The match would end after Owens managed to hit Bryan with a Stunner, allowing him to scoop up the victory.

This isn’t the first time that KO has used the Stunner. In the past though, it has led to some pretty lukewarm feedback from the man who popularized the move: “Stone Cold” Steve Austin.

This time, with Owens able to end the match with the finisher, it seems things are different, as Owens tweeted out to Austin, saying:

Hey @steveaustinBSR, I finally figured it out!

— Now. (@FightOwensFight) February 27, 2019

“Stone Cold” has been pretty vocal about his disdain regarding Superstars using variations of the Stunner in the past. His frustrations stemmed from the move being devalued, as it wasn’t used as a move to end the matchup. Instead, it was just another move.

When Owens used the maneuver in the past, Austin actually tweeted:

Damn. I guess I gotta teach @FightOwensFight how to do a GD Stone Cold Stunner. Put some stink on it, kid. @WWE #royalrumble

— Steve Austin (@steveaustinBSR) January 30, 2017

Hopefully “The Rattlesnake” will be happy to see the Stunner returned to its status as a true finisher.