Current WWE United States Champion, R-Truth, returned to television this week on SmackDown Live. He had been been “missing” for a time. R-Truth also announced the return of the United States Championship Open Challenge — a challenge that former US Champion, John Cena, popularized.

Catching up with WWE.com, R-Truth discussed bringing the challenge back and his confidence in making John Cena proud with his decision.

“I made him damn proud, you know what I’m saying?” he said. “At first, it was a dilemma, but I had a quick hypothesis after, um — I talked to Carmella and she said, ‘You brave, too. John Cena would fight both of them.’ I was like, ‘No thank you, no thank you,’ but she said, ‘You brave, too.’”

He continued, saying, “We’re a team like that, you know what I’m saying? She support me, give me that strength, give me that support, you know what I’m saying? My idol, John Cena, would’ve done the same thing, right?”

R-Truth would successfully retain his US Championship in a triple threat match against both Andrade and Rey Mysterio this past Tuesday night.