Hiring former WWE Star and future Hall Of Famer Billy Gun as a producer was a surprising move from AEW Officials, especially considering the fact that the company has only one announced show and no known TV deals.

Though during a recent interview, Gunn himself had claimed that he might work with the company as a talent too and expanding his comment, he has now said that he might takeover other duties for the promotion as well.

During a recent interview with WrestlingInc, Billy Gunn talked about his role in the promotion saying that he is dubbed as the head coach and they don’t use the word producer:

“They call me a head coach, we don’t use producer. My job will be to help the younger talent as we get going and I look forward to it. It. We have a lot of new, younger talent that needs to be developed and I’m gonna help them find their way. I’m not going to take control of talent. I’m just going to help them develop what they have.”

Continuing on the topic, the former WWE Star also discussed helping the prospects in adjusting to TV saying: “We’re gonna be doing TV eventually and a lot of these kids don’t have the experience that I have with TV, and I’ll help them with that”

Apart from this, Billy Gunn also talked about Chris Jericho’s signing with AEW and revealed that he will also be scouting talents for the new promotion.