205 Live Superstar Lio Rush made his WWE main roster debut in mid 2018. The high flying and brash performer was paired with Bobby Lashley soon after. Rush recently appeared on Lillian Garcia’s podcast and discussed how the pairing came together.

“Everything was moving so fast, and honestly I was excited and so fortunate and honored to be paired with Bobby Lashley,”
stated Rush. “I don’t want to make him feel old but I was watching him when I was younger. It’s so crazy when I found out that was going to happen.”

Rush elaborated further, saying “I was so ready. I didn’t even know what I was going to do, but whatever it was I was just ready to tackle it full force.” Lio also discussed the timing of the pairing, saying “at the same time everything was moving so quickly because I had been signed by WWE/NXT and within 6-7 months I got moved to 205 Live and then within another 5 months I got the call for WWE Raw, I was like, oh my goodness. I had a lot going on.”

There have recent reports that Lio Rush has a ‘reputation’ backstage. Rush discussed with Garcia how Lashley has helped him fit into the RAW locker room.

“Bobby Lashley has been a huge help as far as making me feel welcomed and comfortable in the locker room. And with the company in general. Helping me with learning the business inside and outside the ring. Especially coming from the independent circuit and working out for guys that are in for themselves because everybody is trying to get signed.”

“So, people are trying to go out there and do what will favor them the most. So you don’t really get to have that interaction with people backstage asking for advice. You do, but it is from an ex-WWE Superstar, so it is very rare so coming from the independent circuit and then working with the 205 Live guys and being shot up straight to the main roster on Raw and working with Bobby Lashley. He’s someone who has been at this for so long and been a top guy for so long and is hungry and passionate, it is pretty cool.”