The decision to put the WCW World Heavyweight Title on David Arquette was arguably the worst in professional wrestling history. Arquette’s title win was a huge mockery to the title’s lineage and was just one of several factors that eventually led to the promotion’s demise.

Now, nearly 20 years later, Arquette is back in the professional wrestling game, attempting to restore some legitimacy to his career and ease the blow of the embarrassment that was his World Title run. However, it looks like he suffered from some serious health concerns before getting back in the ring. Arquette’s sister, actress Patricia Arquette, was recently a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show.

During their interview, Patricia revealed that her brother actually suffered a heart attack shortly before revamping his professional wrestling career:

“Well, he was the world champion of wrestling many, many years ago, so this is a revival of his wrestling career,”
Patricia said. “So he started wrestling again, and it is scary.

“He’s older now, he had a heart attack, and now he’s wrestling. It really scares me. I actually don’t watch the matches because it would terrify me too much.”

Arquette has actually impressed many fans since his return to the industry. He visited WWE headquarters recently to do film work for an upcoming project. Arquette was also backstage for Monday Night RAW this week in Atlanta.

Speaking to People Magazine, Arquette revealed that the criticism from his World Title win has driven him to want to prove and stand up for himself. He doesn’t want to be known as just another “punk from Hollywood”:

“Eighteen years ago, I won a WCW World Heavyweight Belt,” Arquette said. “But that win was a big disgrace to the belt and the wrestling community and ever since people have been criticizing me.

“I really wanted to prove myself and stand up for myself. I was sick of being bullied and for people thinking I’m just some punk from Hollywood.”