In an update to the news over a trademark being filed for the name ‘Dead Man Talking,’ Conrad Thompson has clarified the reasoning behind the filing.

The trademark came up after it was revealed that The Undertaker was now taking appearance bookings outside of the WWE. Not only that, but he would be present at Starrcast II. This announcement was reportedly not well received by WWE officials.

Speaking with Total Engagement With Matt Koon, Conrad addressed the ‘Dead Man Talking’ title. He confessed that he simply “[…] thought it was a cool name.”

“I first heard the name years ago, and nobody trademarked it. And there is another podcast with that name out there but they don’t cover anything wrestling-related. I don’t know that I’ll be successful — I petitioned for the trademark, I don’t know that I’ll be awarded the trademark. But I thought it was a cool name.”

Thompson would continue, saying, “And we did book the Undertaker for Starrcast, and we have talked about there being the possibility of there being a second booking or there being a stage show or whatever involved with that. Maybe there might be something besides just pictures and autographs, but I don’t have anything confirmed with anyone.”

He would stress that “The Undertaker is a contracted professional with the WWE. I can’t imagine that he would do something outside of their umbrella besides a one-off appearance here or there at a Comic-Con or something like that, like he’s got coming up in the UK or Starrcast. But I thought it was a cool name. And so, I mean that’s sorta where we are.”

The Starrcast II convention takes place in Las Vegas, Nevada from May 23rd to 26th. The convention has already booked a number of talent and events, including The Young Bucks, Cody, Lita and Bret Hart.