Dean Ambrose made the decision to leave WWE after his contract expires at the end of April. He declined to renew an improved contract by WWE, citing frustrations with the creative direction of his character.

The March 4 episode of Raw saw a Shield reunion with the recently returned Roman Reigns who also gave his opinion on Ambrose leaving the company.

Reigns says that at first he didn’t seriously believe the news of Ambrose’s rumored departure from the company.

“I think I actually read it on Twitter so I didn’t take it too seriously,” Reigns told Sky Sports. “I’ve always known Ambrose and he likes to stay unpredictable and march to the beat of his own drum.”

Reigns described the news as a “big shock.” He says he is concerned but okay with Ambrose’s decision as long as he is happy.

“It still is a big shock and we haven’t had much time to talk about it because we’ve been on the gas pedal since I’ve been back.

It concerns me a bit – the last thing I want is for one of my good friends to leave but as long as he’s happy and healthy we’ll be good.

We’ll still talk all the time but this is WWE and you never know what’s going to happen.”

WWE had issued a statement regarding Ambrose’s contract with the company which stated, “Dean Ambrose (Jonathan Good) will not be renewing his contract with WWE when it expires in April. We are grateful and appreciative of all that Dean has given to WWE and our fans. We wish him well and hope that one day Dean will return to WWE.”

As of now Dean Ambrose will partner up with his Shield brothers to take on Baron Corbin, Drew McIntyre, and Bobby Lashley in a six-man tag team match on the upcoming Fastlane PPV event on March 10 at the Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, Ohio.