Jim Cornette has opened up on his role with MLW after he showed up and was revealed as a new color commentator last weekend at the MLW Intimidation Games event.

With Tony Schiavone not being able to work Saturday events, Cornette was called to replace him for shows. The former WWE/TNA/ROH creative team member dished out the details on the latest episode of the Jim Cornette Experience.

This is where he noted that this was not something that was in the works for a long time but rather Court Bauer had called him up and informed him that they needed someone to fill in for the former WCW color commentator. He also agreed to do more dates.

“They were wondering if I’d come in and do New York in April for two shows. There was a very generous financial offer attached to this. We agreed to that.”

Cornett added that he is not full-time and detailing exactly what his new job entails. He also made it known that he doesn’t have a contract as he doesn’t want to take on a full-time job or be signed with a promotion.

“I was coaching promos, that is primarily what I was asked to do. We did the TV shoot on Saturday and guys got together for promos at the hotel on Sunday. I was involved in that.” He would later state, “Primarily, I’ll be helping newer guys with their promos.”