In recent weeks, numerous former from Impact Wrestling has joined the ranks of WWE. Abyss, Sonjay Dutt, “Hurricane” Shane Helms, even “Double J” Jeff Jarrett are all officially backstage personnel for the promotion.

In a twist to this formula, a former WWE Superstar has revealed that he will be joining Impact Wrestling in an agent/producer role.

It was revealed in Figure Four Daily that Lance Storm would soon begin work with Impact. He spoke with them regarding this opportunity, mentioning he would begin at the upcoming Impact TV tapings in Ontario, Canada. Storm did stress that, at this point in time, it is not a permanent position.

“I’m going to be doing the agent/producer role for Impact Wrestling in the near future. The March 22 and 23 tapings in Windsor, Ontario, which I think are their next TV tapings,” Storm divulged. “[…] it’s only a couple of weeks away now. It is not a permanent position. It is a bit of a test to see if I like the job and if they like my ability to do the job, but, I will be in Windsor for the next Impact Wrestling tapings.”

He credited the taping schedule as a key factor in his decision, mentioning that “It’s possible [for me] because they only tape two days a month and it’s a Friday and a Sunday, so I would only have to adjust one day, per month, out of my SWA training schedule. So, it’s doable, and obviously I get along extremely well with both Don Callis and Scott D’Amore.”

Storm claims he has been watching Impact Wrestling “religiously” for the past month. Pragmatic in his approach, he confirms that “if both sides like it, I will probably do it moving forward for a while.”

Impact Wrestling’s next pay-per-view is entitled United We Stand. It will air live on the company’s Twitch channel on April 4th. The event takes place from the Rahway Rec Center in New Jersey.

It will be interesting to see what Lance Storm can bring to the company. His wealth of experience and knowledge alone should immediately benefit them, but will his input be enough to entice fans?