Roman Reigns’ big concern during his battle with leukemia was protecting his daughter from the opinions of internet users.

During an interview with the Los Angeles Times, Reigns said that he didn’t want his daughter to read any false reports or opinions about his condition being faked for a storyline. He wanted his daughter to hear the news directly from him.

“I’ve been with my wife since college, so she has been through this whole process with me,” Reigns said. “My big concern was my daughter, who is 11. So she’s right at that age where she’s hearing all those misguided opinions and hearing different things from different people. I thought that as long as she hears it from me, ‘This is what is going on with Dad, and I don’t want you to worry,’ that she would be OK. And she’s been great.”

Reigns also said that he is used to putting his family’s safety first. But he also expanded on it saying that he’s learned that it is okay to sometimes put yourself first when it comes to health so that you are better able to take care of family again.

“It’s hard, because as fathers and providers we want to protect. I’m so used to putting them in front of me and putting everyone first and making sure everything is OK. I learned it’s OK to sometimes put ourselves first when it comes to our health because then we can get healthy and take care of everyone else again.”

Since then, Roman is officially back in WWE after his treatment. It will be interesting to see how Reigns goes on from here towards WrestleMania 35.