Roman Reigns is hoping to inject more of his real-life persona into his character. He recently spoke to SI.com about acting more like Joe Anoa’i on-screen.

“I just feel like with me integrating the characters and who I am in real life and who I am on stage, for me to kind of mix them, it allows me to laugh at Roman a little bit and have a little more fun and be a little more loose as opposed to the stoic brawler,” Reigns said.

Reigns would continue to say his true persona is much like that of his cousins, Jimmy & Jey Uso.

“If you know me in real life, I’m kinda like my cousins [The Usos], I’m a bit of a clown, I act up, we goof off a lot. We’re silly, we’re big kids, we’re always goofing around, trying to laugh.”

Reigns said something which concerned him recently was fans feeling sad in regards to his battle with Leukaemia.

“I don’t wanna be the guy who comes out there and everybody gets semi-sad or gets super heavy all the time,” Reigns continued. “I want people to have fun, I want to create escapism. It’s like a mini vacation [for the fans] on their couch.”