Next week on NXT will feature the finals of the 2019 Dusty Rhodes Classic. Aleister Black & Ricochet will take on Steve Cutler & Wesley Blake of the Forgotten Sons with the winner earning a title shot against the War Raiders.

Ahead of next week’s finals, the 4 competitors spoke to WWE.com about Dusty Rhodes’ legacy in NXT.

Cutler and Blake both trained under Rhodes before his passing in 2015.

“My relationship with Dusty was simple,” Cutler said. “He got me, he understood from the beginning who I am and what I am capable of. He knew that I am someone who just cuts to the chase and tells it like it is. It’s just a shame that no one else in this system other than Blake and Ryker could see that.”

Blake is the only wrestler in the match to have competed in the tournament previously. Along with current Cruiserweight champion, Buddy Murphy, Blake competed in the inaugural version of the tournament.

Aleister Black arrived in NXT after Dusty’s passing. The former NXT champion says that his legacy speaks for itself, however.

“Dusty’s legacy speaks for itself. He’s responsible for the process of NXT. Roman Reigns, Sasha Banks, Finn Bálor, the list goes on,” said Black. “Although I never knew him personally, there is a certain desire to compete to the best of your ability to live up to what he created.”

Ricochet also commented on their opponents in the finals.

“If we win this, it shows we are here to be the best,” Ricochet said. “The Forgotten Sons are dangerous and unpredictable, and they’ve always got a plan. I know Aleister Black and I are a new team, but we aren’t new to each other. I first met Aleister, ironically, while I was competing in a German tournament back in 2012. If we win this and continue dominating on Raw and SmackDown LIVE, we can back up our claim to being the best.”