EC3 was one of the names touted by WWE as they promoted a number of NXT talent who were heading to their main roster. He would join the likes of Lacey Evans, Heavy Machinery, and more as their move was hyped through video packages on both RAW and SmackDown.

WWE, however, still hasn’t really utilized him much since moving him away from NXT — something that hasn’t gone unnoticed by the WWE Universe or EC3 himself.

Speaking with the Gorilla Position podcast, EC3 divulged that he believed he had more to give in NXT before his call up.

He reflects that, though he wasn’t there long, he used his time there to hone his skills, preparing for when the call up came. Listing his feuds with Undisputed Era, Velveteen Dream, and his inclusion in the North American Championship ladder match as notable moments, EC3 stated that his tenure was more about taking his “game” back a few steps, so he could “prepare it for when this opportunity did come.”

Despite not having any regrets, EC3 does become wistful as he shares his feelings on moving up to the main roster.

“What a brand [NXT is], phenomenal talent. I don’t have regrets, but I have, ‘Man I could’ve done… there’s so much more that could’ve been done’, but at the same time, my number was called. This is what I want, this is where I am, this is where I wanna be so, the work prepared me for this. I don’t wanna say it was unfulfilled but definitely more, I could’ve done…man, I really wanted to throw Ricochet into the blazing sun,” he joked. “I just really wanted to do that, but, no, it was great. Great brand. Great future. Excellent product so, very fortunate to be a part of it even if it was just a very small part.”

He would debut with a victory over Dean Ambrose on the 2/4 edition of Monday Night RAW. Despite this huge victory, however, EC3 has not been able to maintain momentum, losing a string of matches since February, including a recent Main Event match to Tyler Breeze.