DJZ is headed to WWE. According to a report from PW Insider, WWE made the former X-Division champion an offer last month and he is expected to be headed to NXT shortly.

Real name Michael Paris, DJZ has wrestled under the names Zema Ion as well.

Considering a serious injury he sustained in Mexico a few years ago, DJZ likely considers himself lucky to still be wrestling. After taking a splash during a match for the Crash promotion, DJZ’s colon ruptured causing internal bleeding. Fortunately, the surgery was a success and he returned to the ring just a few months later.

DJZ had the following to say to Sportskeeda in regards to coming back from such a serious injury.

“People have often asked me why I would come back after suffering such a traumatic injury. Is it worth it? Why am I given this second chance? Is it worth it? I don’t know. But the only thing I can think of that I’ve been given a second chance at life and wrestling is because there must be something more for me to achieve. I’m going to stick around Impact Wrestling and stick around professional wrestling to find out what that prize is, what I’m here for.”