Current WWE Universal Champion Brock Lesnar has long been expected to be making his UFC return soon. The former UFC heavyweight champion hasn’t fought since UFC 200 in 2016. He defeated Mark Hunt via unanimous decision in the co-main event of the night. However, that win was later overturned to a No Contest.

“The Beast” tested positive for a banned substance. After serving a suspension, Lesnar is now eligible to return to fighting action whenever he’d like. Last summer, Lesnar set up a future meeting with current UFC heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier. The pair engaged in a shoving match after Cormier’s title win in July.

The UFC was angling for an early 2019 fight between the pair, but that never happened. Despite this, UFC President Dana White still expects the fight to happen. Speaking to Megan Olivi for the UFC’s YouTube channel, White provided an update on Lesnar’s UFC status. White said he’s still waiting on Lesnar’s phone call and hopes to hear from him this summer:

“Brock Lesnar is doing his thing with WWE. One of the things about Brock Lesnar is, when that guy is ready to fight, he is not shy. He will call me and he will let me know. To be honest with you, I’m hoping to hear from that guy this summer,” White said.

In regards to the possible fight between Lesnar and Cormier, White says he thinks both men really want it. Because of that, he expects the fight to eventually happen:

“I think both guys really want it, Cormier wants it bad. I know Cormier wants it bad, and Brock wants it bad. So, when two fighters want to fight each other as bad as these two do, I think it’s going to happen,” White said.