While many believe that we’ll never see Alberto El Patron back in WWE, the former WWE Champion himself claims that the door for a return is open.

Alberto was recently interviewed by Super Luchas where he talked about his relationship with Triple H, leaving WWE in 2014 and more.

While talking about a possible return to the company, the former Champion said that a comeback is not out of the question while also clarifying that neither of the parties are begging for it:

“Returning to WWE before retiring is not a question of whether they want to or I want to return, neither I hope nor want to return nor do they expect me to return or want me to return. But the two of us have had approaches, especially to make the peace, which opens the door to the fact that before I hang up my boots I can have some last matches in WWE. I clarify it: neither they beg me, nor I beg them. It’s just that the door is open for a future.”

Alberto Del Rio has been talking about retirement from a while now but so far he hasn’t announced a timetable for the same. So it’s hard to say how long he will be wrestling before hanging his boots.