Earlier today (Tues. March 26, 2019) UFC star Conor McGregor shook up the sports community. “The Notorious” has announced his retirement from mixed martial arts competition. He posted the following on Twitter early this morning:

Hey guys quick announcement, I’ve decided to retire from the sport formally known as “Mixed Martial Art” today.
I wish all my old colleagues well going forward in competition.
I now join my former partners on this venture, already in retirement.
Proper Pina Coladas on me fellas!

— Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) March 26, 2019

This isn’t the first time McGregor has retired via social media. McGregor did the same back in 2016 when he was struggling to negotiate his next fight at the time. Of course, McGregor eventually returned to fight several more times, including a mega-money boxing fight with Floyd Mayweather Jr. Now, however, it looks like the Irish star is teasing retirement yet again.

With McGregor now focused on ventures outside of the Octagon, it did not take long for his fellow countryman Finn Balor to take notice. Balor responded to McGregor’s Tweet by saying:

See you at ‘mania brother

— Finn Bálor forEVERYone (@FinnBalor) March 26, 2019

McGregor has certainly been linked to rumors of working with WWE before. He bad-mouthed several WWE stars prior to his UFC 205 fight back in 2016, and has been chummy with Becky Lynch on social media since her rise to fame. Perhaps McGregor will show up at “The Show Of Shows” in New Jersey next month to show support for Lynch and Balor, his two fellow Irishmen on the card.