As noted earlier Joey Ryan is among the performers who are finally free from their Lucha Underground contracts.

Lucha Underground’s contracts were very prohibitive and restricted where talent could work, despite the fact that they haven’t taped TV in a year and there has been no word on a fifth season.

After filing a lawsuit against Baba-G Productions and the El Rey Network, Joey Ryan is now free agents able to work wherever he pleases.

On Tuesday afternoon, Joey Ryan released the following statement about the ordeal. He thanked fans for their support and sounds very optimistic about his future.

“It’s Official.

I am now a free agent. Free from ay contracts. Free from any bosses. Free from any restrictions. The last few years of my career haven’t been without highlights (being featured in many major media outlets, becoming a top seller on Pro Wrestling Tees, shocking the world at All In, Main Eventing the Cow Palace, a role on GLOW, the growth of Bar Wrestling) but now it honestly feels like I have a new lease on my direction and where I’m going in pro wrestling. Most of my accomplishments have been fan driven due to the overwhelming support I have recived so I just wanted to take a moment to thank all of the fans who have accompanied me on this journey so far and hope you will continue on the adventure.

– Joey Ryan”

Now the question is, where will Joey Ryan “pop up” next ?