As we reported a few days ago, and as Jim Ross confirmed on ESPN, he is negotiating with All Elite Wrestling.

On this week’s Jim Ross Report, JR gives a status update on his AEW negotiations, and says to expect news shortly.

“We are talking to AEW. I’ve mentioned that before. They are an exciting young company,” says Ross.

As to a potential timeline for an announcement, JR sounds optimistic that he will be able to announce a deal with AEW in the coming days.

“When we get something finalized, which should be, I’m thinking, in the next few days at most, we’ll let everybody know,” says Ross. “Life is good, man. When one door closes, another door opens, if you let it. And that’s my choice.
“Another door is opening, and if all goes well, knock on wood, everything’s cool. It’ going to be a good year.”

As to what potential role he might play with AEW, JR says he thinks he has something to offer in a couple of different areas.

“I’d like to think I can contribute to their success, either at ringside calling play-by-play, or behind the scenes,” JR says.
“Those details are all still being discussed.”