While it was widely believed that Kenny Omega will sign with AEW after his NJPW contract expired, the former World Champion took his time making this news official.

As he revealed in a recent interview with Alicia Atout from AMBY Interviews, pro wrestling’s Best Bout Machine does not like keeping the fans in dark about what he’s up to.

Omega explained that he loves being transparent and it pains him when he is under a contractual thing like an NDA Clause that disallows him to speak openly. The former IWGP Heavyweight Champion said that it’s hard for him to be less-than-truthful with fans if there is something in place that stops him from revealing everything.

“I just like being honest and it’s hard for me to lie If there’s something in place which stops me from saying what I’m doing. It’s so hard to tell people, ‘I can’t tell you.’ I want to because I’m excited about it.”

Though later in the interview, Kenny claimed that he is an adult who made his own decision and it probably was proper to make the announcement during Double Or Nothing press conference since he only signed the contract moments before walking out.

The AEW Vice President also teased some upcoming Double Or Nothing announcements, saying that there are going to be announcements featuring talents which they haven’t revealed to the public yet.

Apart from this, Kenny Omega also talked about being an eSports ambassador, gaming with Xavier Woods and more. You can check out his full interview in the video below: