John Oliver bashed Vince McMahon and WWE this weekend on HBO’s Last Week Tonight. Several wrestling personalities have chimed in on the segment as well as the issues presented in it.

CM Punk has had a fairly contemptuous relationship with WWE in the past. He encouraged his followers to re-tweet the segment.

I shit my britches, please RT @LastWeekTonight (I love you!) @iamjohnoliver

— Coach (@CMPunk) April 1, 2019

Hangman Page offered up the following in response to the points raised in the John Oliver segment:

@LastWeekTonight piece shined a light on just how little power wrestlers have had over their terms of ‘employment’ in an industry with little to no competition or regulation. Sobering reminder that you can be our biggest advocates with how you spend your money and time.

— HANGMAN PAGE (@theAdamPage) April 1, 2019

and to clarify, I'm not trying to encourage "this company's bad, this company's good" mud slinging or nit picking. just encouraging folks to support alternatives since the competition for your interest will create positive outcomes for wrestlers across the board.

— HANGMAN PAGE (@theAdamPage) April 1, 2019

Joey Janela invited John Oliver to come see one of his “Joey Janela’s Spring Break” shows.

If John Oliver wants a full wrestling experience he should come to Spring Break and watch a bunch of wrestlers already in debt with no health insurance, kill themselves for a hot dog and a handshake & some twitter fame….

— Bad Boy Joey Janela (@JANELABABY) April 1, 2019

Jim Cornette is never shy about offering his opinion on anything. He offered up that he felt the segment was as honest as any outside media piece he’s seen on pro-wresting in 40 years.

Well, after a complete viewing, this is the absolute most truthful outside media piece I've seen on wrestling in over 40 years

— Jim Cornette (@TheJimCornette) April 1, 2019

Colt Cabana noted a story about ESPN contacting him years ago and him telling them the real story was on the independent contractor status of WWE wrestlers.

ESPN contacted me on doing a story about concussions for e60 years ago. I told them that wasn’t the story. The story was on “independent contractors”.
Congrats to @iamjohnoliver & #lastweektonite for their great piece & I hope it gets people taking.

— Colt Cabana (@ColtCabana) April 1, 2019

Joey Ryan offered up the following:

WWE: We haven't done a good job of listening to fans, but that will change. And now, the fans are the authority.

Fans: We want wrestlers to have a union.

WWE: No, not like that!

— Joey Ryan (@JoeyRyanOnline) April 1, 2019

WWE issued a statement to media about the segment, noting they contacted the show’s producers before the segment aired.

A link to a clip of John Oliver is below but please note it is geo-restricted from playing in some countries.