WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross continues to talk about being in discussions with AEW (All Elite Wrestling), which launched back in January. It all started when the legendary announcer made the news known when he appeared on ESPN’s Outside the Lines to talk about his departure from the WWE.

While making an appearance on the latest episode of Inside The Ropes, Ross mentioned how his goal is to get a deal done in order for him to work AEW’s Double or Nothing event.

“We’re trying to get all the I’s dotted and T’s crossed. Hopefully, my tenure will eventually lead me to AEW, who we’ve been negotiating with for quite some time.”

Ross added, “That’s my goal. Start to work there and be part of their presentation in May and in Vegas for Double or Nothing.”

Double or Nothing, which is the inaugural show promoted by AEW, will take place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on May 25, 2019.

Kenny Omega vs. Chris Jericho in a rematch from their contest at Wrestle Kingdom in 2018 and The Young Bucks (Matt Jackson and Nick Jackson) vs. Lucha Bros. (Penta El Zero M and Rey Fénix) are being billed as the top two matches.