Former Impact Wrestling World Champion Eli Drake recently appeared on The Wrestling Perspective podcast to talk about his status with the promotion and rumors about WWE’s interest in his talents.

This is where Drake made it known that he has friends in the company and some coaches that he’s friendly with at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida. Although he’s keeping his options open, he has yet to receive a formal offer from WWE due to him still being under contract with Impact.

“I looked at [the rumor that WWE was interested in Eli Drake], and I’m like, ‘Well, nobody’s contacted me! So, what’s the source?'” Drake joked. “I mean, I’ve talked to people there that I’m friendly with, or, whatever, certain coaches that I’m friendly with and stuff like that. Definitely, people have been like, ‘I think you would do well here,’ but nobody has overtly made me an offer. There was nothing like that.”

AEW is a possibility for Drake as he wants to see what all of his options are whether that’s WWE, AEW or staying with Impact Wrestling when deciding where he wants to take the next step in his pro wrestling career.

His contract with Impact Wrestling is slated to expire on May 31st. He would add that it’s time to start thinking about the options that he has.