Eli Drake is not a fan of inter-gender wrestling. He posted several comments to his social media accounts recently indicating as such. Members of Impact Wrestling’s Knockouts division have responded.

Drake issued this response to an Impact Wrestling tweet yesterday:

how about if you’re realistic look at this isn’t that he murders her in 30 seconds, then You and I don’t enjoy and acknowledge the same kind of pro wrestling #Dummy

— Eli Drake (@TheEliDrake) April 1, 2019
Not to take anything away from her. She’s a great performer and athlete, but there is nothing realistic about a 5’3” girl fighting a 6’4” jacked wrestler.

Wrestling rooted in some level of realism attracts casual audiences, and that’s how you grow. #sorrynotsorry

They could put on a great “show”, but nobody is suspending their disbelief. That’s the art of good cinema, television, and wrestling. Suspension of disbelief is what hooks people. Without that, you have a gag product that remains niche.

Tessa Blanchard then responded with the following:

I am fairly confident that myself, @JordynneGrace, @TheTayaValkyrie, or any of the KOs for that matter could kick Eli’s ass! #JustSaying @IMPACTWRESTLING

— Tessa Blanchard (@Tess_Blanchard) April 2, 2019

Jimmy Jacobs also commented on Drake’s Tweets:

This is a fundamentally wrong. Wrestling is absolutely not rooted in realism, which is self evident to anyone who’s seen a real fight. It’s rooted in storytelling, characters, drama & emotion. To correlate realism with audience growth is 100% wrong.

— Jimmy Jacobs (@JimmyJacobsX) April 2, 2019

Drake ended his involvement in the debate with the following statement:

Since what I’m saying seems to be lost on some:

If the women are outperforming the men, they should absolutely main event, they should absolutely be paid as much, if not more, and pushed beyond the men.

But Ronda vs Lesnar???
WNBA champs vs NBA champs???
Those only end one way

— Eli Drake (@TheEliDrake) April 2, 2019

In February, a planned inter-gender match between Drake and Tessa Blanchard was canceled. Drake would later say he has much respect for Blanchard but is not interesting in competing in a one-on-one inter-gender match.

You couldn’t have hit the nail more directly on the head.

I have amazing respect for @IMPACTWRESTLING and @Tess_Blanchard and can see that she is likely the greatest female talent in wrestling today.

Although that said, I will not participate in a one on one intergender match.

— Eli Drake (@TheEliDrake) February 22, 2019