As one of multiple Executive Vice Presidents involved with All Elite Wrestling, Kenny Omega believes AEW will have to play some trial and error to see what works best for them. Omega was a guest on Jim Ross’ podcast last month and admitted some of what the new promotion tries may miss the mark at first.

“This is going to be a little bit of a trial period,” Omega admitted. “We’re going to try out some new things and some may hit the mark big time. Some may miss the mark big time.”

Omega would continue to say that All In provided the first taste of what AEW will be all about.

“Who knows? But this is going to be something very new and we’re all very to give it a kick of the can. And you got a little taste of it at ALL IN, and this will be just the followup and we’re going to swing even harder and hit that ball even farther.”

Omega also revealed on the podcast that he has been using his recent time away from wrestling as a chance to heal nagging injuries.

“The impact the New Japan style, in general, had on my body, I was really starting to feel it at the tail end of last year,” Omega continued.

“It was great to take that little bit of time off after Wrestle Kingdom.” Omega added, “Now, I’m finally at the gym starting to lift heavy and I’m starting to be able to pack on a little more size the way I want to just due to the fact that I can finally train properly.”

Omega will wrestle Chris Jericho at Double or Nothing on May 25th from the MGM Grand Garden Arena. From there, AEW has two more events scheduled. The first is Fyter Fest, which will take place at the CEO Fighting Game Championships in Daytona Beach on June 29th, 2019.

The 3rd official AEW event will be a charity event named “Fight For the Fallen”. The show will be held at Daily’s Place Amphitheatre in Jacksonville, Florida on Saturday, July 13, 2019.