Gail Kim is coming out of retirement for a match against Tessa Blanchard at Rebellion later this month. She spoke to reporter Chris Van Vliet recently about Impact, her history with WWE, AEW, and more.

“Right now I believe that Impact Wrestling’s creative is better than WWE and I’m not lying,” Kim said. “I truly believe that. It’s not just because I work for them, all I hear from the general fan base is how badly the creative is right now in WWE and how they’re not really enjoying the show and I get the opposite response from people who watch Impact.”

Kim also spoke about how her two stints in WWE were not an enjoyable time in her life or career.

“I experienced (WWE) twice and I know it’s a place that I would never want to return to,”
she continued. “It was not a great time both times in my life, not just my career. So if I’m in a position where I’m able to speak up then I’m going to and wrestling fans are very passionate and the majority of them are very supportive but of course you’re going to get the fans that don’t want to hear the bad things. But at the same time, they have to realize that I’m speaking for the people that they’re watching and love.”

Kim spoke fondly of AEW and what the new promotion appears to be bringing to the industry.

“I think that it’s great that there’s another place for wrestlers to go or for people who are in the wrestling business. I think it’s great that they’re standing for things like equal pay from what I’ve heard and things that maybe we don’t get in other places in the wrestling industry, they’re trying to provide for us.”

The full interview can be viewed in the player below: