April 6th saw New Japan Pro Wrestling and Ring Of Honor put on a historic co-promoted show at Madison Square Garden in New York. One of the major stories to take place during their G1 Supercard show saw Enzo and Cass ‘invade’ the show.

The two— now known as nZo and CaZ XL, respectively—jumped the barricade during the ending of the tag team match that would see the Guerrillas of Destiny become the IWGP and ROH tag team champions. The ensuing chaos wasn’t shown on TV, leading people to initially believe that the former WWE Superstars were legitimately trying to make a name for themselves at the expense of the show. It wasn’t long, however, for the angle to be revealed as a work.

One of the men in the matchup, ROH’s PCO, recently spoke with Wrestling Inc. During their conversation, he would reveal that he had no idea about the controversial invasion.

“There was a lot of controversy about what happened. For me, I was just worrying about my back because I took a double powerbomb from 12-14 feet in the air straight to the concrete floor,” PCO confessed. “I didn’t know what was going on because nobody knew nothing about this [invasion]. I just came back from TV tapings in Pittsburgh and Columbus…and I got back yesterday, and there was no Enzo and no Cass at those events. I haven’t heard anything from the office, so I don’t know what’s going on with that. Are they signed? Are they not signed?”

PCO admitted that he didn’t want to get “politically involved” with the situation when asked if he felt their involvement detracted from the match itself. He then alluded that the ROH office may even be working their own roster.

“It seems like sometimes the dressing room is getting worked by the office. I’m in the middle of this and I’m confused. I think everything will unfold and we’ll see what’s going on in the future. Maybe it was planned. Maybe it wasn’t planned. We’ll see how everything will evolve.”

It was initially reported that only the NJPW roster wasn’t made aware of nZo and Caz XL’s appearance—with Tama Tonga expressing how unimpressed he was with the situation. This interview with PCO definitely changes that, adding questions over why ROH would hide it from their own talent.