Paige delivered on the promise she made last week on SmackDown Live this past Tuesday. During the show, she brought in new challengers for the IIconics’ Women’s Tag Team Championships. She would reveal the new team of Asuka and (now former) NXT Superstar, Kairi Sane.

After their first matchup on the blue brand, Kayla Braxton caught up with the three backstage. She asked Paige why she wanted to bring Asuka and Kairi together as a team.

“Uh, they’re both incredible athletes,” Paige said. “I mean, she [Asuka] was a SmackDown Women’s Champion already; Kairi, you were NXT Women’s Champion too, right? And they’re absolutely killing it. I mean, why wouldn’t you put them together? I mean, this is genius, right? Are you guys having a good time already? They won their first match already, hello?”

When asked about their motivations and goals on SmackDown, Paige revealed they were “[…] going to become WWE Women’s tag team champions, that’s all I’m going to say. Right? You’re going to be tag team champs, ladies. 100%, there’s no doubt in my mind.”

The team partnered with other SmackDown newcomers, Ember Moon and Bayley, emerging victorious in an 8-woman tag team match. They defeated the IIconics, Sonya Deville and Mandy Rose.