Ronda Rousey is reported to have undergone surgery on her right pinky finger on Tuesday. Photographers spotted the former RAW Women’s Champion heading into a “The Late Show with Stephen Colbert” taping sporting a large black cast on her hand recently.

Rousey’s future with WWE was addressed in today’s edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

“While she has two years left on her contract, there is no timetable for her to return and no guarantee she will,” wrote Dave Meltzer. “The writing team was told going into Mania (even though most of the Rousey stuff was Vince McMahon, Rousey and Paul Heyman) to treat this like WrestleMania is Rousey’s last match.”

Ronda Rousey and her husband Travis Browne are on a vacation of sorts. Rousey posted to Instagram shortly after WrestleMania with the caption “#ImpregnationVacation'

Rousey’s future in WWE has always seemed dependant on her future plans to start a family. In an interview with ESPN last year, however, Rousey expressed a desire to continue her pro-wrestling career.

“I love this way more than I ever thought I would. We had a set timeline set, and now we aren’t so sure about it because I love it so much,”
she said. “I guess that’s the best thing that could’ve happened, that I would love it so much, it would be so hard to stop. I can see why people have a hard time leaving this industry because it’s such a joy to be a part of every day.”

Ronda Rousey’s current hiatus from WWE comes after arguably the greatest rookie year in pro-wrestling any performer has ever had. She performed in her first professional match at WrestleMania 34 and in her latest in the main event of WrestleMania 35.