Current member of the WWE creative team, Dana Warrior, recently spoke to CBS Sports’ Chuck Carroll. During the interview, Dana talked about joining the WWE creative team and her family’s ongoing relationship with the company.

“I couldn’t have planned for this,” Dana Warrior said when asked about joining the WWE creative team. “I really couldn’t have. But one of the things that when my husband passed away, and it’ll be five years ago on April 8th, one of the things that I did, I never laid down, I never sat down, I never laid down. I wore a dress for a year, because you can’t lay down in a dress. And I thought to myself [that] I will show my daughters strength and I will never let them be afraid.”

Dana was then asked if we have seen any of her storyline ideas play out on-screen yet.

“You have, but it’s also so collaborative that I would never point out and take credit for things that are collaborative teamwork,” she said. “Which is the greatest part of writing in that setting. And when people identify that’s mine, no it’s not. It’s an idea, and it’s fluid, and everybody adds a little something to it. One person can have this idea and by the end of it, it’s something completely different, but better. And that is what our chairman really does.”

It has now been 5 years and 12 days as of this writing since Dana Warrior became the single mother of 2 daughters. The Ultimate Warrior died on April 8th, 2014, just 3 days after being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame.

“I want to be an example to my daughters and other women, that when things happen to you, you have a choice. And when you have a choice, always choose good. Because if you choose good, it will reward you, even though you’re not seeking rewards,” Dana continued.