Despite the wealth of new talent being signed to All Elite Wrestling (AEW), it’s become a running joke that any unhappy members of WWE’s roster will simply make the jump to the new, upstart promotion.

With the days ticking down to AEW’s next show, Double Or Nothing, Cody appeared on Jim Ross’ podcast, The Jim Ross Report. During the interview, the AEW Executive Vice President would comment on AEW’s hiring practices, as well as signing talent from WWE.

“I’ve jokingly said it’s currently at about 5%—Chris Jericho, Jim Ross, Cody Rhodes. A few others, maybe,” he said. “It’s not the same. Having that equity with WWE is wonderful but you’ve got to be able to cut it and meet the standards that people have for their actual bell-to-bell contest.”

“That number might increase,” he continued. “There being the opportunity to exist for the boys and girls to make more money, here or there. Just to have options. If they can play, they’re gonna play. But right now, the recruitment is more about ‘freshmen.’ I want to build a new class of guys. I don’t them to feel like they were set up and that was it. I want them to feel like they were set up to win and succeed. Right now, it’s a lot of faces you’ve never seen and people you’ll be surprised when you do see them.”

Notable ex-WWE signings aside, AEW has been filling its roster with top independent talent from across the world. Their ‘freshmen’ mentality, however, hasn’t stopped fan speculation over wrestlers like Dean Ambrose and Tye Dillinger from eventually appearing for the promotion.

Double Or Nothing takes place on May 25th 2019 from the MCM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.