Ronda Rousey is taking an indefinite leave from WWE as she prepares to start a family with her husband Travis Browne.

On Monday, Rousey released a video where she addressed her in-ring future after WrestleMania 35 where she dropped the RAW women’s title to Becky Lynch in the main event.

After suffering a broken hand in the match, Rousey revealed that she had two pins inserted during surgery just recently with a cast that will remain on her arm for the next four weeks.

More importantly, Rousey is taking a break from her career as she hopes to start a family in the near future and that was always the plan from the day she signed with WWE. In fact, Rousey says her stint with WWE was actually expected to be much shoter but she truly fell in love with the business and opted to stick around longer.

Rousey reveals that initially, she was not planning to stick with WWE through WrestleMania 35. In fact, she was expecting to wrap up with the company in late 2018.

“Originally, I approached them I thought I would only be able to wrestle from WrestleMania to November because we already wanted to start a family,” she said. “We came to WWE as ‘hey before we have a baby, I just want to be able to come and do this for a couple months cause it’s something I’ve always wanted to do’ and then it just kind of snowballed. Instead of being a small detour in my life, became my whole life for an entire year and I completely fell in love with it."

She fell in love with pro wrestling, which convinced her to stick around and make history by headlining WrestleMania with Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair.

“As time went on that I was in the company, we were kind of playing it by ear and I loved it so much, I ended up getting the title and when it became a real possibility that women could be the main event at WrestleMania if I stuck around, I decided to stick around. We planned on after WrestleMania, me and my amazing husband here would go off and try to start our family.”

Now that Rousey has taken a hiatus from WWE, she’s planning on traveling with her husband as they prepare to have a baby in the near future.

As far as her professional wrestling career, Rousey is still undecided until after she has a child.

“As for WWE plans in the future, we want to have a baby first. I don’t know what it’s like to have a baby,” Rousey explained. “I could look down at this beautiful child and be like f—k everything, I don’t care about anything else other than this baby and you’ll never see me again or I could be like my mom, she trained until she was eight months pregnant and then won the U.S. Open six weeks after giving birth, which is unbelievable. I don’t think I’m going to try and aspire to her level. You just never know.

“I don’t want to make any promises about the future when I don’t know how I’m going to feel in the future.”

Rousey signed a multi-year deal with WWE when she joined the organization in 2018. After debuting at WrestleMania, Rousey was thrust into the spotlight as one of the main attractions on the entire WWE roster and she eventually became champion.

It all culminated one year later when Rousey headlined WrestleMania 35 alongside Lynch and Charlotte Flair as the first ever women’s main event at the historic ‘showcase of the immortals’.

Now Rousey is focused on another goal as she hopes to start her family and there’s no telling what her future in WWE will or won’t be until after she has her baby.