Luke Harper requesting his release from the WWE after his in-ring return during WrestleMania weekend made some headlines recently but latest reports suggest that he won’t be going anywhere anytime soon.

Per the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, WWE has not only declined the request for his release but they have also added 6 months to his contract for the time he missed due to his wrist injury.

As we noted before, Harper’s contract was originally set to expire in November, and the added time means that he can’t leave the company until just before next year’s WrestleMania.

What’s interesting to note here is that while Luke Harper’s request was denied by the company, at the same time, Dustin ‘Goldust’ Runnels was granted his release without a hassle.

Runnels had also been out for months with double knee injuries, but he stayed silent about his position and denied the reports of him leaving when they came out.

It’s unknown if his contract was up or he had time left. Though the Officials could have still kept him engaged by freezing his contract for the time he was out.

However, they chose not to and as a result, Dustin was able to walk out of WWE and into a good position in AEW without much problem.

On the other hand, Harper went public with his request so it appears that with his treatment, the company is trying to dissuade people from going public and saying they’re unhappy.

Luke Harper issued the following statement on social media last week:

“As of this evening, I have requested a release from WWE. The past 6 years have been a simply, amazing journey around the world and back with lifelong friends and family. I am proud of it all and proud to say I shared the ring with my co workers.

This decision, as difficult as it was, feels right for myself and WWE. My goal in the future is to continue to grow as a performer and person and continue to make my family proud.

Thank you. From the top to the bottom of WWE. Thank you to the fans for your undying support. Thank you everyone.”