At the NJPW and Ring Of Honor co-promoted event, G1 Supercard, Matt Taven delivered on his promise to all the ‘melvins’ out there by becoming the new ROH World Champion.

He would uncrown Jay Lethal in a triple threat ladder match that also featured “The Villain” Marty Scurll.

Speaking with the WINCLY podcast, Taven has reflected on the title win that ended Lethal’s 280-day reign. He admits that he enjoys that people are upset he is the current champion, and reflects on winning the big one in New York’s historic Madison Square Garden.

“Making people upset seems to put a really bizarre smile on my face, and I seem to make a lot of people upset being the ROH World Heavyweight Champion,” Taven confessed.

“It’s probably the greatest moment of my life. I’m not gonna lie—it was unbelievable,” he said. “All my life I’ve wanted to wrestle in MSG, and here I am not only looking up at that historic feeling, but winning the ROH World Championship. Having ‘FU Taven’ echo through the halls of MSG—I really couldn’t ask for a better moment in my mind to hold onto forever.”

Matt Taven will soon be defending his newly one ROH championship against Villain Enterprises’ PCO. Their matchup will be taking place during ROH’s War Of The Worlds tour, with the two competing in Toronto on May 9th.